SHARED CONVICTION

SHARED CONVICTION

Monday, November 4, 2013

Concept of my CD and some tips C:


 

         “The universe and themselves,” did not mean anything to me when I firstly got my album’s name. I was pretty baffled. The universe and themselves?? How did they correlate? After thinking about it for a period of time, I defined “universe” as the idealistic world since the cosmos are composed with colorful airy substance, planets, fiery stars, galaxies and comets. I think universe is one of the coolest places created naturally. Also I defined “themselves” as we all humans, common men. Humans and their world, if you were to put the two definitions together. That made more sense, at least for me. The concept of my album is individualism. Humans are unique. It is impossible to have everyone think the exact same way, agree with everything and have the same goals in their lives—even identical twins have different goal in their lives, although they are genetically like human cloning. If that happened, this world would be so hackneyed. Universe structure is very very complex. I compare an universe to one’s world and goals in their life, and the composition of the universe such as stars and galaxy are things that matter to them, challenges in life or some factors that make each of us different. Different people have different goals and idealistic world. Universe and themselves, SO HUMAN LIVES IN THEIR OWN UNIVERSE.

            A helpful "tip" I learned from using the photo editing program, pixlr, is it's good to try experiencing a lot of filter as possible. You never know what is going to happen. You never know that the combination between this one and that one will work or not. Once you try it out, if it works, it is more like luck. I accidentally got a perfect combination for album cover when I experienced with so many filters randomly. Once you are pro, you do not have to depend on luck, but I think experimenting helps A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. Your album CD cover attracted my attention immediately. It was very creative and you incorporated many different pictures in one picture. I liked how you explained your steps of thinking. You started by defining your raw materials and then build on the ideas you came up with. However, I think you should add some information about the artist and the song genre. But overall, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete