SHARED CONVICTION

SHARED CONVICTION

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Movie poster




      This is the final piece of my movie poster, The Heart. The genre of the movie is romantic comedy. The story takes place in high school. The plot is about a normal girl in 11th grade having a crush on the most popular guy who is a senior. He is handsome but very hard to approach and be friend with. Girls always write him love letters, but he never accepts them because of his horrible previous love experience. The main girl character, supported by her older sister, reforms herself and tries to win the guy's heart with a love letter. At first, the guy rejects to associate with the girl, but after seeing a girl's pure love, he opens his heart for a new love. At the end, they date in Valentine's day. The film is produced in Korea and played by Korean actors and actresses. The target audience is female teenagers, and that's the key of how I designed my movie poster. My poster is full with pastel and girly colors. Everything is very sweet and thoughtfully designed to attract girls, female audiences. I merged a love letter with an ordinary picture taken by me and used it as a background. I decided to use Kim Taeyong from girl's generation as a main image in my poster because she represents the liveliness of the character. I decided to do not show the guy's picture because I want it to be confidential. We all know that he is good looking, but I want the focus to be on the girl, but I included his name in the tag line. The font design is three dimensional through repeating put the same texts with different colors three times. It creates dept. The layout is in hierarchical order. The most important information is the biggest. However, I decided to make a movie company big because I want it to cover the edge of the picture. 
     I think I did a great job and I am satisfied with my work. I learned several photoshop techniques and how to use layer masks by watching YouTube. Although I use pixlr to create my poster, photoshop and pixlr are similar enough, so I can adapt what I learn in photoshop to pixlr. Next time if I were to do this project again, I had to make sure that I constantly save my work in pixlr because if I make a mistake and save it, I can't redo and correct it. At this point, I think I really like designing a movie poster and graphic design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment