SHARED CONVICTION

SHARED CONVICTION

Sunday, October 6, 2013

How does copyright laws affect me as a graphic designer?



         Before we know what is an impact of copyright laws, we should know what a copyright is. Copyright is "a set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work." Let me tie this with my childhood experience. I was one the most creative students in my third grade class. I remember that moment vividly in my art class when my teacher assigned a clock project. My task was to created a clock using a paper plate, sticks and crayons. I decided to create a clock that looked like a red apple and write numbers in roman numeral. I thought my clock was very unique and I would get an A in this project. However, when I looked to my classmate work who sat beside me. Her work was a copy version of mine. She created a red apple clock with a roman numeral numbers. I was really upset; therefore, I began to cry because my work was not unique anymore. I yelled at the stealer with anger, and she began to cry too. The art teacher came, but instead of blaming her for stealing my aesthetic idea, she blamed me for bullying my classmate. I was depressed because of her unfair judgement.            Therefore, I think if I were to be a graphic designer, i do not want anyone to steal my idea or photography. I think the laws will enforced people to follow that, and it will be easy for me to correct anyone who steals my idea without getting into any trouble. As internet is a medium between millions of millions internet users, my designs can be spread quickly all over the world. To ensure the uniqueness of my designs, I affirm that copyright is needed because it reserves our original works.

1 comment:

  1. Vicky, I really enjoyed your blog post and could visualize you in 3rd grade. It is amazing, that even so young, we want to be recognized for our creative efforts and are very protective over the artwork we create.

    ReplyDelete